For most of us, the holiday season includes an increase in shopping and spending. You may be buying gifts, decorations for your home and snacks when celebrating with friends and family. Your Visa Debit Card from Mercer Savings Bank can be a handy tool in your wallet for all of these purchases.
Here are five benefits of using your debit card this holiday season:
- No need to carry a bulky checkbook. One of the biggest benefits of using your debit card is that you don’t need to carry your checkbook when shopping. Use your debit card anywhere Visa cards are accepted. So, whether you are buying gifts for you friends, a round of drinks at a holiday happy hour or a taxi ride home afterwards, your Visa Debit Card can do it all.
- No need to carry cash. Because Visa debit cards are accepted by all kinds of merchants all over the world, the need to carry cash with you is becoming a thing of the past. But, if you do need cash for a purchase, just find an ATM and use your debit card to withdraw from your account.
- Keep track of your spending online. With Mercer Savings Bank’s debit card, you can keep track of all of your transactions and spending using our online banking tools, so you will always have a handle on what you’ve spent, and what is left in your account.
- Spending is tied to your account balance. Using a debit card is one way to help make sure you stay within your spending budget for holiday purchases. Your spending is tied to your checking account balance, so you don’t have to worry about getting a big bill in the mail in January for holiday spending.
- Easy to cancel if lost or stolen. If your debit card is lost or stolen, it’s easy to cancel it with one call to Mercer Savings Bank.
If you plan on doing any online shopping with your debit card, remember to take some precautions to keep your information secure. Read our recent blog post Holiday Shopping: Credit Card/Debit Card Safety Tips for more information.
If you do not already have one, you can apply for a Mercer Savings Bank Visa Debit Card online. To learn more about all of the banking products and services we offer, visit any Mercer Savings Bank branch in Celina, Ft. Recovery or Greenville, or contact us online today!